De-Spamming Your E-Mail Box
Issue: Issue 5.09
Posted Date: 12/16/2003
Nothing makes me happier than the new SPAM legislation that appears to be close at hand. Why? Because the Woodworker's Journal eZine is an "opt-in" electronic publication. If you search your memory banks, you'll recall that (at least for this eZine!) that means four important things:
- You subscribed to it; it was your decision.
- You can unsubscribe anytime you like.
- I will never share your e-mail address with anyone else.
- You can (and do!) easily contact me whenever the muse grabs ya.
Still, you ask, why will it make me so happy if the new SPAM legislation is passed? Again, four important reasons:
- You'll stop getting 40 daily notifications about every Viagra wannabe out there.
- You'll stop hearing about countless mortgage loans from every bank in America.
- You won't have to trash a mountain of pornographic offers every time you go to read your e-mail.
- And … most important … you can spend quality time reading the things you're actually interested in. (Like the Woodworker's Journal eZine!)
Thanks for your continuing interest and, remember, I'll keep sending you the Woodworker's Journal eZine for just exactly as long as you'd like to keep getting it.
-- Rob Johnstone, editor: Woodworker's Journal