Non-slip Fences with Gaffer’s Tape

Non-slip Fences with Gaffer’s Tape

Gaffer’s tape, available at camera stores as well as some hardware stores or online, is a black fabric-type tape that’s used in the film industry and by photographers. I’ve found that applying a strip of it to the plastic or melamine-coated fences of my jigs and accessories creates a helpful nonslip surface.

Pushing cut secured with gaffer's tape

Workpieces stay in place better when held or clamped against this tape, and that improves my cutting accuracy.

-Jim Wilson
San Marcos, Texas

Posted in: