Quarter- to Half-Inch Adapter Collets?

All my routers have quarter inch collets. Are there quarter-inch to half-inch adapters available that would let me use a half-inch set of cabinet door bits?

Kevin Hancock: No. You need a half-inch collet router for the task. Fortunately, most come with adapters for quarter-inch bits.

Richard Jones: I’ve never come across one. The bit would end up sticking too far out from the router for safe operation. On the other hand, a 1/4″ adapter for a 1/2″ collet is normal equipment

Posted in: