Is There Such a Thing as a Long-arm Clamp?

Is there such a thing as a long-arm clamp to reach into the middle of larger areas that need clamping?

John Swanson: You can create a set of curved boards that alow you to clamp the ends so more pressure is applied to the middle of the board.

Richard Jones: Probably not as long as you are hoping. You may need to investigate the use of cauls – essentially slightly convex curved battens.

Kevin Hancock: I’ve had to repair loose veneer in the middle of a grand piano lid with a deep throat clamp. I use a car jack under a door jamb or header. With the glue injected and rolled flat, I’ll place wax paper and my glue block on the repair, topped with my jack and clamp with pressure from the header.

Posted in: