Stabilizing Spalted Wood

Is there any way to stabilize spalted wood enough so that it can be turned?

Michael Dresdner: You will find both a waterbased fortifier and an epoxy-based filler and stabilizer in home stores, and both work to a degree. The best bet, though, might be to check out Polycryl, a material made specifically for stabilizing spalted wood intended for woodworking.

Posted in: